As we get older we start paying more and more attention to our clothes. We are checking fashion blogs, as we want to stay up to date and to wear cool outfit. There is another aim that we are chasing.
We don’t want to look old, because of our outlook. Thus, we are trying to buy clothes for younger people. We can’t even assume that they work against us. They make us look older, not younger.
There are more style mistakes that can make you look older. Today we will tell you about them. After you read this post, you will become more proficient image maker. Hope, you will like it.
1. Don’t wear too much of black color. It may prevent you from looking fresh and young, even though, black is the most elegant color.
2.Baggy clothes: Oversized clothing won’t only make you look larger but it’ll take your natural shape away from you too so it’ll give the illusion of exaggerating your size – and that’s probably not what you want. So, avoid anything that resembles a tent. And, when it comes to denim, make sure to invest in jeans with some lycra, spandex or elastane in to make sure they don’t stretch too much after some general wear and tear.
3. Don’t give your preferences to skirts, which are too long.The maximum length, which we recommend you is the middle of the ankle.
4. Wrong size bra. You won’t believe it, but even this detail can give your real age up and even make you look older. Make sure your bra is of a right size.
5. Too stretchy jeans. Jeans are supposed to make your shape visually smaller and to tight you up.The right size of jeans follow your silhouette.
6. Geeky glasses. Smart is new sexy. We bet that you have heard that. So, glasses can make you look more seductive, unless they are geeky.
7. Athleisure : Speaking of school-esque attire, shopping editor Laura Weatherburn says anything that looks like you’ve raided your kids PE kit is a no go. ‘Athleisure that is clearly not for the gym, like tracksuit bottoms, Nike Air Force 1 and hoodies or motif clothing, just look a bit too try hard if you’re actually not working out so stick to subtle nods to it instead.’
7. Jersey fabric. Trust us, it won’t give you the best shape. What is more, it can make you look baggy.
8. Don’t hide your neck. If you want to look younger, make sure your neck is opened. Appropriate décolletage will also look good.
9. Too high heels. First of all, your shoes need to be comfortable. You won’t look any better, if you wear designer’s shoes that you can’t walk in.
10. Wearing scarfs. Wearing scarfs, when it is not cold outside won’t make you look any younger. So, you’d better avoid them.
11. Super long hair: This isn’t a fast and hard rule as it really depends on your hair type. But, typically, hairdressers will tell you that post-40-year-old hair tends to become thinner and stragglier. No, this doesn’t mean you need to get that pixie haircut the moment you enter this decade, but do think about adding volume to your hair by getting layers and avoiding poker straight hair styles. Think Demi Moore, Brooke Shields and Sarah Jessica Parker.
12. Too short skirts. It may look ridiculous and vulgar. So, be careful, when you pick a new skirt next time.
13. Oversized clothes. Don’t play with them. You will look more malish, but not younger. So, it is better to select your size.
We wish you a day that is sunny, lucky and fulfilling in every way.
Help us to brighten someone else’s day by sharing this article with your loved ones and telling us how you feel in the comments below.