Hair fall, thinning of hair, premature gray hair and dandruff are the common hair problems that beset us. As a habit, we all look for an instant chemical remedy for these hair problems for quick results despite being aware of its many harmful consequences. The harsh chemicals in commercial hair care products can leave your hair flat, dry, and more damaged. Going natural is the best solution for hair problems, since it doesn’t have any side effects and its results are long lasting.
Here’s how you can grow your hair longer and stronger with just two ingredients! Make an egg yogurt hair mask for long thick and shiny hair!
Believe it or not, eggs have been used on hair since ancient times to stimulate hair growth, strengthen hair strands and also add shine to hair. There’s good reason for this – eggs are rich in so many vital nutrients including helpful enzymes, vitamins, minerals and of course, protein. Protein is the main component that makes egg hair masks popular, making it a cheap and easily accessible deep protein treatment for hair, right in the comfort of your own home. So many people testify to the amazing properties of eggs for your hair, both men and women alike.
- 1 whole egg
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of unflavored thick yogurt
Note: You only need 1 egg for this treatment. Many recipes call for 2 eggs, but with yogurt added, 1 egg is sufficient. You may adjust the amount of yogurt according to your hair length. For waist length hair, you will require 2 tbsp of yogurt. For shorter hair, feel free to use 1 tbsp of yogurt.
HOW TO MAKE THE EGG AND YOGURT HAIR MASK:
1. First measure out your ingredients, and get your whisk and bowl ready for mixing. Use quality yogurt that is free of any artificial flavorings or additives. Home made yogurt is best but it’s usually a little runny so you may have to adjust the quantity of yogurt accordingly.
2. Crack open your egg into a bowl and begin beating it with your whisk until it is thoroughly combined and smooth as below.
3. Once your egg is all mixed up, pour in the yogurt and beat that in as well. Your final mixture should be smooth, creamy and not too runny.
4. That’s it! Your fabulous egg and yogurt hair mask is complete and ready for application!
HOW TO APPLY THE EGG AND YOGURT HAIR MASK:
1. Although I recommend getting your hair wet in the shower first for most hair masks, for egg hair masks, it’s totally fine to apply on dry hair. Just make sure you are in your bathroom or at least standing over your kitchen sink while applying this mask so that you can avoid any mess.
2. Begin by parting your hair into 2 sections. Using clean fingers, scoop out a portion of the hair mask, a little at a time, and apply all over your scalp. Start applying the mask on your middle parting and slowly work your way to all corners of your head.
3. Apply the remaining hair mask onto the length of your hair by scrunching it up with your fingers.
4. Now gather all your hair and roll it into a bun and wear a shower cap over it. This will prevent the mask from spilling over and will give you freedom to get other chores done. The shower cap will also trap heat from your scalp and enable the mask to penetrate deeper.
5. Give the mask 20 – 30 minutes to work it’s magic, and then wash your hair in the shower as usual. Use a mild shampoo and conditioner. By the end of the treatment, you’ll feel so good for having given your hair all natural nourishing that will help it stay strong and grow longer!